Thursday, May 3, 2012
Class 03/27/2012
The lecture of March 27, 2012 was on the themes and major concepts of "Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri. I remember reading the story the night before class so I was practically skimming the pages. I understood the story as a whole, but not the small details. In class the story became a lot more interesting because of all the themes presented. I re-read the story after class to match up parts to themes. I saw the theme of misconception between Kapasi and Mrs. Das, the desire to feel acknowledge by Kapasi, and the feeling of failure by both. I liked reading the story after class because it was like reading a whole other book, because I was actually making connections and understanding how to connect a theme to a specific line and quote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment